These were absolutely amazing! I couldn’t believe that we had made them at home! We didn’t have any chives or I probably would have sprinkled a few on top. I served these with baked chicken last week and roast beef hoagies Monday night. You can serve them with whatever you want though!
- Potatoes (depends on how many you are feeding, my 2 eat 3 potatoes).
- Sour Cream
- Garlic Powder
- Shredded Cheese
- Black Pepper
- Cut your potatoes in half after washing them.
- Wrap them in foil.
- Bake in the oven 375 F (45-80 minutes)
- Take out of the oven and unwrap.
- You may want gloves for this part. In a Large mixing bowl put in your butter, sour cream, garlic powder, shredded cheese, chives, black pepper.
- Using a vegetable/fruit baller, spoon, or cookie dough dipper and scrap as much of the potatoes out of the halves. Leave enough that they hold themselves up on the plate.
- Mix potatoes and mixture very well in the bowl.
- Dip back into halves generously. (If you don’t use all the skins it is okay.)
- I like to sprinkle the top with a little extra cheese and put back in the oven for no more than 3 minutes.
We serve with our baked chicken, steak, appetizers, small lunch etc. Well rounded recipe.